Are you looking for innovative ways to tap into a diverse talent pool? Consider partnering with the Washington State Department of Services for the Blind (DSB) for your recruitment needs.
DSB is committed to fostering Powerful Partnerships with businesses across the state. Our free services extend beyond recruitment to ensure that your workplace is fully accessible to all. Our offerings include:
- Assistive Technology Assessments to ensure that your business's e-commerce platform is engineered for all populations.
- Consulting on best practices to create an inclusive worksite that accommodates individuals with visual disabilities.
- Ongoing support for your staff who are losing vision or who are low vision/blind, deaf/blind.
- Referral and connection to other business service partners in Washington State.
- Internship placement services to provide individuals with work-based learning experiences with employers (we can even pay candidates).
- On The Job Training/paid training, to help offset the cost of new staff.
We presently serve 740 individuals seeking gainful employment and are supporting 141 people in their educational endeavors. Our candidates have found employment at companies like Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, and various departments of the State of Washington.
But what are the benefits of hiring individuals with visual disabilities?
- Higher retention rates: Our candidates stay with employers for longer.
- Diverse worksites: A diverse workforce is good for overall staff happiness, productivity, and retention rates.
- Improved company morale: Hiring individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences can boost workplace morale.
We offer a range of services to support your recruitment needs, including job coaching, purchasing worksite uniforms and equipment, providing assistive technology, incumbent worker training, and access to tax credits through the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program.
You will also have access to a pipeline of highly skilled workers. In the last five years, our clients have been hired by Amazon, Apple, Eastern Washington University, Microsoft, Boeing, Facebook, Deloitte, as well as more. Our clients have been placed in various positions types, including Customer Service Representatives, Personal Care Aides, Mental Health Counselors, Business Operations Specialists, Computer and Information System Managers, Human Resource Specialists, Information Security Analysts, full-stack development, and more.
Partnering with DSB will not only help you tap into a diverse talent pool but will also provide you with the resources to create an inclusive and accessible workplace. Contact us today to learn more about how we can support your recruitment needs.
If you are interested in finding out more about our services, please contact Carl Peterson, the Business Engagement and Workforce Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.