Career prep for teens ages 14 to 16
YES 1 is a two-week program for 14- though 16-year-old students, hosted at Washington State School for the Blind. YES 1 offers students who need minimal assistance with their independent living and travel skills the opportunity to explore their interests and aptitudes, discover different careers possibilities, and visit work sites.
Students practice the skills needed for career success, including:
- building resumes
- creating career portfolios
- filling out applications
- participating in mock interviews
They will also participate in community service projects and have recreational and daily living experiences.
DSB does not charge any fees for participation in its programs. However, students should bring money for incidentals, social activities, snacks, etc. More details on YES student needs will be provided to enrolled students and families.
2023 YES 1 Program Information
Blind and visually impaired students ages 14 - 16 who are registered with Department of Services for the Blind. Students not currently registered, can contact us for more information.
July 9 to July 20, 2023
Washington State School for the Blind
Applications are due by February 27, 2023
To ensure complete accessibility, YES 1 Applications need to be downloaded on a computer and completed electronically. If you have any issues completing the application electronically, please contact us.
Application documents in English
Documentos de solicitud en español
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT RETURNING THE APPLICATION
- DO NOT EMAIL APPLICATIONS WITHOUT USING THE SECURED EMAIL PROCESS. This application contains confidential information about the applicant.
- Email Jen Scheel at email@example.com letting her know that you are ready to return the application. You will be sent instructions on how to send the application via secure email to protect your child’s information.
- The “Consent Form” can be signed electronically.
DSB is developing more programs for teens and young adults. Please check our Programs and Workshops page, to see if there are other programs of interest to you.
Request DSB services online. Or contact us at 800-552-7103 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.