About the Business Enterprise Program
The DSB Business Enterprise Program (BEP) provides opportunities for qualified, trained, legally blind adults to operate food service businesses, including delis, cafeterias and espresso stands, in government buildings. The program provides these opportunities through the federal Randolph-Sheppard Act.
The intent of the Randolph-Sheppard Act is to enhance employment opportunities for blind individuals. The program recruits qualified individuals who are blind, trains them on the management and operation of small business enterprises, and then licenses qualified blind vendors to operate the facilities. Nationwide, there are more than 1,900 vendors operating more than 2,200 facilities.
More information on the DSB Business Enterprise Program
- Vendor Locations
- Vendors' Committee
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BEP Information Brochure (PDF). Best viewed with Adobe Reader.
Disclosure of Federal Participation
The Business Enterprise Program services provided under the Vocational Rehabilitation program, are funded 78.7 percent through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education. For the Federal Fiscal Year 2023, the total amount of federal grant funds awarded is $13,166,788. The remaining 21.3 percent of the costs ($3,563,565) was funded by State appropriations or another non-Federal allowable source.