We provide daily living skills training to all adults, both those interested and not interested in employment, in their homes and in their communities.
If you are an adult who is blind or has low vision, and would like to learn adaptive skills in your home and in your community, DSB can provide assessments and training at no cost to you.
What can DSB do for me in my home and community?
- Provide counseling regarding living and/or working with vision loss.
- Determine what skills, technology and resources you can use to help maximize your strengths.
- Provide information on national, state, or community resources.
- Teach adaptive skills for reading and writing, home management, computer use, and the ability to get from place to place.
- Recommend adaptive devices for use at home, in the community, and/or on the job.
Is there a difference between the services provided for people who are looking for employment and those who are not?
We plan and provide services based on the individual. People who are blind or have low vision and looking for employment will typically receive more in-depth counseling, assessments and training, which includes vocational planning, to determine how they can enter or continue to thrive in the workforce. People not interested in employment also receive services but typically within the scope of daily living.