deleted reference to extended evaluation, added to work skills assessment; added services M thru R to reflect list in regulations
(1) Physical and mental restoration services shall be provided to a participant under an individualized plan for employment when the vocational rehabilitation counselor determines that such services are likely, within a reasonable period of time, to substantially correct or modify a stable or slowly progressive physical or mental impairment that constitutes a substantial impediment to competitive and integrated employment for the participant.
(2) All authorized physical and mental restoration services shall be provided by qualified personnel who meet state licensing requirements.
(3) When receiving physical and mental restoration services, the participant may choose the physician or other health professional and appropriate facilities. Service providers and facilities should, to the maximum extent appropriate, be selected from those who will accept reimbursement in accordance with the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries Schedule of Maximum Allowances and Program Descriptions.
(4) Physical and mental restoration services may be provided to an applicant or customer during trial work experience or work skills assessment, in accordance with WAC 67-25-140 and 67-25-220, if it is necessary to stabilize or halt progression of a chronic illness for purposes of determining eligibility or continued eligibility.
(5) Physical and mental restoration services include but are not limited to:
(a) Surgical and therapeutic treatment;
(b) Diagnosis and treatment for mental or emotional disorders;
(c) Dental treatment;
(d) Nursing services;
(e) Necessary hospitalization (either inpatient or outpatient care) in connection with surgery or treatment and clinic services;
(f) Convalescent or nursing home care;
(g) Drugs and supplies;
(h) Prosthetic, orthopedic or other assistive devices;
(i) Eyeglasses and visual services, including visual training, and the examination and services necessary for the prescription and provision of eyeglasses, contact lenses, microscopic lenses, telescopic lenses, and other special visual aids prescribed by qualified medical practitioners;
(k) Physical therapy;
(l) Occupational therapy;
(m) Speech or hearing therapy;
(n) Mental health services;
(o) Treatment of either acute or chronic medical complications and emergencies that are associated with or arise out of the provision of physical and mental restoration services or that are inherent in the condition under treatment (34 C.F.R. 365.1(c)(39));
(p) Special services for the treatment of individuals with end-stage renal disease, including transplantation, dialysis, artificial kidneys, and supplies;
(q) Other medical or medically related rehabilitation services; and
(r) Medical care for acute conditions arising during rehabilitation and constituting a barrier to the achievement of an employment outcome.
(6) Physical and mental restoration services shall be provided only after consideration of comparable services and benefits except as specified in WAC 67-25-283.
[Statutory Authority: 34 C.F.R. 361.42, the Rehabilitation Act and Washington state Constitution. WSR 08-19-068, § 67-25-384, filed 9/15/08, effective 10/16/08. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-384, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05; WSR 98-23-078, § 67-25-384, filed 11/17/98, effective 12/18/98. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-384, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-384, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC67-20-384.]