Added competitive and integrated. Added 90 day criteria and documentation of specific date of completion if delayed. No different timeline or criteria for transition youth. Removed phrases indicating integrated employment setting is optional, and added terms "participant" and "competitive and integrated"
(1) The individualized plan for employment is a written agreement that documents important decisions made between the participant and a vocational rehabilitation counselor concerning activities towards achievement of the participant's competitive and integrated employment goal including responsibilities agreed upon by the department and the participant, and vocational rehabilitation services to be provided.
(2) The individualized plan for employment is developed and implemented in a timely manner for each eligible individual, and no later than ninety days after eligibility except:
(a) When the department is operating under an order of selection, in accordance with WAC67-25-193; or
(b) The eligible individual and VR counselor agree to a delayed plan completion, with specific expected date of completion documented.
(3) The participant must be actively involved in developing the individualized plan for employment including making meaningful and informed choices about the selection of the employment outcome, objectives, vocational rehabilitation services , service providers, and methods of procuring services.
(4) The competitive and integrated employment outcome the participant chooses must be consistent with the information and results of the assessment of the individual's vocational rehabilitation needs.
(5) The department supports participants to achieve a competitive and integrated employment outcome as defined in WAC 67-25-009. If a participant chooses another type of employment outcome, the department will, to the extent possible, refer the participant to other programs or organizations that may offer the type of employment that the participant desires.
(6) The individualized plan for employment must be agreed upon and signed by the participant, or as appropriate, the participant's representative, and a vocational rehabilitation counselor.
(7) The individualized plan for employment shall be designed to achieve the competitive and integrated employment outcome of the participant consistent with the unique strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, and interests and informed choice of the participant.
(8) The plan shall include:
(a) The participant's long-term competitive and integrated employment outcome, based on the assessment for determining vocational rehabilitation needs and the career interests of the individual in accordance with WAC67-25-205 and 67-25-210;
(b) Specific and measurable rehabilitation objectives to achieve the competitive and integrated employment outcome, based on the assessment for determining vocational rehabilitation needs;
(c) Vocational rehabilitation services to be provided to achieve the rehabilitation objectives;
(d) Projected initiation dates and the anticipated duration of each service;
(e) Objective criteria, and an evaluation procedure and schedule to determine whether goals and objectives are being achieved;
(f) The views of the participant in their own words or, as appropriate, in the words of the individual's representative, describing how he or she was informed about and involved in choosing among alternative goals, objectives, services, providers, and methods used to procure or provide services;
(g) How, to the maximum extent possible, information will be provided to the participant, or if appropriate, to the participant's representative, in his or her native language if necessary, and using appropriate modes of communication;
(h) Terms and conditions for the ongoing provision of vocational rehabilitation services, including:
(i) Responsibilities the participant has agreed to, including steps the participant will take to achieve the competitive and integrated employment outcome, and services the participant agrees to apply for and use that are available at no cost from another program;
(ii) Ongoing exploration for comparable services and benefits, in accordance with WAC 67-25-283, that may be available to the participant under any other program;
(iii) Participant's active involvement through informed choice in selection of the entity or entities that will provide services and the process to provide or procure services;
(iv) Information regarding the right to appeal any decision made by the department on behalf of the participant including the procedure for mediation, fair hearing, and judicial review, in accordance with WAC 67-25-600;
(v) A description of client assistance program services; and
(vi) The basis on which the participant is determined to have achieved a competitive and integrated employment outcome.
(9) An individualized plan for employment that includes a supported employment outcome, in accordance with WAC 67-25-430 must also document:
(a) The supported employment services to be provided by the department;
(b) Extended services or natural supports that are likely to be needed;
(c) The source of extended services or, to the extent that it is not possible to identify the source of extended services when the plan is developed, a description of the basis for concluding that there is a reasonable expectation that those sources will become available;
(d) A goal for the number of hours per week the participant is expected to work and a plan to monitor the participant's progress toward meeting that expectation;
(e) A description of how the services on the individualized plan for employment are to be coordinated with other individualized plans established under other federal or state services;
(f) If job skills training is provided, the individualized plan for employment must reflect that the training is provided on the job site; and
(g) Placement in a competitive and integrated setting for the maximum number of hours possible based on the strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, interests, and informed choice of the participant.
(10) Transition youth who are determined eligible for vocational rehabilitation services must have an individualized plan for employment developed within the same timelines and criteria as any eligible individual. An individualized plan for employment for a transition youth who is receiving special education or accommodation services should be coordinated, to the extent possible, with the participant's school individualized education plan or 504 Accommodation Plan in terms of identified goals, objectives, and services.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-260, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05; WSR 98-23-078, § 67-25-260, filed 11/17/98, effective 12/18/98. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-260, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-260, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC67-20-260.]