Combined three chapters describing notification and certification of eligibility, including eligibility determined after trial work. References to extended evaluation were deleted. - Note: ineligibility moved to end to be grouped with Program Exit.
(1) There shall be a certification of eligibility if the applicant meets the requirements specified in WAC 67-25-125. The certification shall be dated and signed by a vocational rehabilitation counselor.
(2) If an applicant is offered an opportunity for trial work experience in accordance with WAC67-25-140, there shall be a certification of eligibility for the services specified. The certification shall be dated and signed by a vocational rehabilitation counselor:
(a) The applicant shall be notified in writing, using appropriate modes of communication, and in the individual's native language if necessary, of the action taken on eligibility or ineligibility;
(b) The applicant shall be advised of the right to appeal any eligibility decision made by the department concerning the applicant including: The procedure to request mediation and fair hearing in accordance with WAC67-25-600; and a description of client assistance program services;
(c) If an applicant is determined ineligible for vocational rehabilitation services, the notice shall clearly specify how he or she failed to meet the eligibility criteria set forth in WAC67-25-125;
(d) If the applicant is determined eligible for vocational rehabilitation services, the notice shall clearly specify the date of eligibility certification;
(e) If the vocational rehabilitation counselor determines that an applicant is not eligible for vocational rehabilitation services, the rehabilitation counselor will provide the individual with information and referral to other agencies or organizations that may provide services to meet the individual's employment related needs.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-050, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-050, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-050, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC67-20-050.]
- WAC 67-25-050 Certification for decision of eligibility
- WAC 67-25-055 Eligibility determination - Notice to applicant
- WAC 67-25-077 Certification of trial work experience or extended evaluation.