No substantive content changes other than indicating SSN is preferred rather than required at application, and clarified here applicant must be available to complete the assessment process
(1) Any individual who is blind, as defined in WAC 67-25-009, may apply for vocational rehabilitation services, including any individual who has previously applied for, has previously received, or has previously been denied such services.
(2) Any individual who is blind seeking to obtain vocational rehabilitation services from the department shall submit a written letter or application for services to the department, or shall request vocational rehabilitation services through common intake procedures in one-stop centers under section 121 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
(3) The written letter or application for services shall be signed and dated by the individual requesting services or, if appropriate, by the individual's representative, and shall include:
(a) The applicant's name ;
(b) The applicant's contact and address information; and
(c) The applicant's disability;
(d) The applicant's Social Security number is preferred.
(4) The applicant must be available to complete the assessment process;
(5) The department shall not provide vocational rehabilitation services to any individual who has failed to meet the above application criteria.
[Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.18 RCW. WSR 05-08-097, § 67-25-010, filed 4/4/05, effective 5/5/05. Statutory Authority: Chapter 74.15 RCW. WSR 95-06-057, § 67-25-010, filed 2/28/95, effective 3/31/95. Statutory Authority: 1983 c 194 § 18. WSR 84-01-042 (Order 83-08), § 67-25-010, filed 12/15/83. Formerly WAC67-20-010.]