New, describes high level aspects of requirements for a VR agency
To fulfill the requirements of the VR grant, the department must:
(1) Establish a state rehabilitation council to jointly develop, agree to, and review department goals and priorities and to consult with regarding department policy and procedure;
(2) Take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities covered under and on the same terms and conditions as stated in section 503 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973;
(3) Be primarily concerned with vocational rehabilitation;
(4) Have a full-time director responsible for day-to-day operations;
(5) Have ninety percent of staff employed full time on rehabilitation work;
(6) Have sole authority and responsibility to expend funds made available in The Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended), in a manner consistent with the act;
(7) Have the responsibility for all decisions affecting:
(a) Eligibility for VR services, the nature and scope of available services, and the provision of these services;
(b) The determination to close the record of services of an individual who has achieved an employment outcome, in accordance with WAC67-25-051;
(c) Policy formation and implementation;
(d) Allocation and expenditure of VR funds; and
(e) Participation as a partner in the one-stop service delivery.
The responsibility for the functions described in subsections (6) and (7) of this section may not be delegated to any other department or individual.
New addition to the Washington Administrative Code.